We reduce our clients' “whole of life” BCA compliance risks and costs by giving the right BCA advice at every stage of a building’s lifecycle, namely:
- preliminary planning and concept design,
- final design, construction, commissioning and certification,
- occupancy (including fire services testing and maintenance), and
- refurbishments and changes of use.
For example, Eagle has worked closely with the Commonwealth Bank in recent years to manage the BCA and Disability Access compliance of its Retail Branch network across Australia, including:
- review of the Bank’s standard branch designs and fit out/equipment specifications,
- plan reviews for proposed new and refurbished branches,
- site audits of new and refurbished branches,
- BCA and Access “Help Desk” technical support for bank staff and the bank’s building contractors, and
- where required, annual fire safety certification for branches.
The unrestricted accreditation and experience of our BCA consulting team means we can assess and advise on any BCA building classification, ranging from the smallest residential strata building to large and complex hospital and public infrastructure projects.
We have also developed a comprehensive BCA, Disability Access and OH&S compliance assessment software which:
- produces site specific compliance reports, and
- integrates into a relational database and document storage system suitable for managing the compliance of large property portfolios.
The full range of our BCA consulting services extends to:
- Council Fire Orders, including site audits, preparing Compliance Reports, negotiating fire upgrade works with Council and Project Management of fire upgrade works,
- Home Owners Warranty Insurance claims,
- Fire Safety Defects Reports,
- Due Diligence Reports and Condition Reports, and
- Expert Witness Reports, testimony and related services.
If you need help with any of these BCA compliance issues, don’t hesitate to contact Bruce Davis